Nepal Africa Film Festival (NAFF) was first organized by CJMC in 2011. Each year 8 movies from various African countries and two Nepali movies are selected by our screening committee for the festival. Our underlying purpose behind this initiative are excerpted below:
- NAFF seeks to provide an unbiased and integrated representation of Africa in Nepal.
- Provoke questions in our audience regarding the authenticity of prevailing African stereotypes and provide an integrated understanding of African culture.
- Explore "Africa through African lens", primarily to highlight incongruences in mainstream narrative of Africa.
- There are 53 countries in Africa and apart from South Africa and Egypt none have their representatives here in Nepal. Therefore, the festival intends to serve as a bridge between Africa and Nepal and alleviate cultural and informational gap.
- Facilitate cultural exchange by inviting participation of government bodies and African universities.
|Organizer||College of Journalism and Mass Communication (CJMC)|
|Co-organizer||Journalist Forum Nepal (JFN)
CJMC FM 106.0 Mhz
|In Collaboration with||Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation [Norad]
Ethiopian Media Women Association (EMWA)
Uganda Media Women Association (UMWA)
Association of Media Women in Kenya (AMWIK)
Tanzania Media Women Association (TAMWA)
Zambia Media Women Association (ZAMWA)
Makarere University, Uganda
Juba University, South Sudan
Zanjibar Film Festaval, Tanzania
IAWART Nepal Chapter
|Film Festival Adviser||Mr. Tapanath Shukla|
|Film Festival Director||Dr. Manju Mishra|
|Film Festival Co-ordinator||Mr. Alok Tiwari|
|Asst. Festival Director||Mr. Sudim Acharya|
|Asst. Festival Co-ordinator||Mr. Arbind Kumar Shrivastwa|
|Screening Committee||Dr. Manju Mishra
Mr. Alok Tiwari
Mr. Laxminath Sharma
Mr. Sudim Acharya
Mr. Dabbu Kchetri