Nepal Africa Film Festival (NAFF) was first organized by CJMC in 2011. Each year 8 movies from various African countries and two Nepali movies are selected by our screening committee for the festival. Our underlying purpose behind this initiative are excerpted below:
- NAFF seeks to provide an unbiased and integrated representation of Africa in Nepal.
- Provoke questions in our audience regarding the authenticity of prevailing African stereotypes and provide an integrated understanding of African culture.
- Explore "Africa through African lens", primarily to highlight incongruences in mainstream narrative of Africa.
- There are 53 countries in Africa and apart from South Africa and Egypt none have their representatives here in Nepal. Therefore, the festival intends to serve as a bridge between Africa and Nepal and alleviate cultural and informational gap.
- Facilitate cultural exchange by inviting participation of government bodies and African universities.
|Organizer||College of Journalism and Mass Communication (CJMC)|
|Co-organizer||Communication University of China
CJMC FM 106.0 Mhz
|In Collaboration with||
Norwegian Agency for Development Cooperation [NORAD]
|Film Festival Adviser||Mr. Tapanath Shukla|
|Film Festival Director||Dr. Manju Mishra|
|Film Festival Co-ordinator||Mr. Pasang Dawa Sherpa|
|Asst. Festival Director||Mr. Sudim Acharya|
|Asst. Festival Co-ordinator||Mr. Arbind Kumar Shrivastwa|
|Screening Committee||Dr. Manju Mishra
Mr. Alok Tiwari
Mr. Nawa Bijay Shrestha
Mr. Sudim Acharya